It features a responsive HTML5 CSS3 based design based on Bootstrap which makes it easy to modify.
This template incorporates a lot of features:
- LaTeX formulas using MathJax, see demo
- syntax highlighting using pygmentize-compatible Rouge which looks exactly like embedded gists, see demo
- Middleman uses the kramdown markdown parser by default, which makes it very to use table of contents (TOC), see original post
- this templates comes not only with a
robots.txt, but also with a
- to help search engines to find your content, a
sitemap.xmlis generated for you
- blog search provided by DuckDuckGo
- you do not only get one feed for your blog posts, but also feeds separted by tags (middleman proxies to the win)
- nice icon fonts Fontello (see demo and Glyphicons at your disposal
- disqus recent comments for your blog as aside
- disqus number of comments per post on your blog post overview page
There have been made some attempts to increase the privacy of visitors:
- we host most js and css ourself (not the mathjax one, if you use it; not the Google Webfont)
- we use DuckDuckGo instead of google
- For sure, you better don't use Google Analytics. If you do, the provided script lets google remove the last bits of the IP address.
- Be aware that embedding widgets (G+, Twitter, Gist) will reveal information about your visitors to these services.
The template is somehow prepared for hosting on github, that's why the errorpage will be named
404.html. If you have a custom domain, you may want to add a
CNAME file to the
- read the Middleman docs
- decide, if you want to add a
CNAMEfile if you use github
- if you want to use more than one language, consider which naming scheme you want to use: If you tweak it the right way, you can use Apaches content-negotiation feature to direct your visitors directly to the appropiate landing page using their browser language settings.
- setup your
.htaccessfile to use the error page
404.htmlor change its name
- there is a placeholder picture in the file
404.html– take another one!
- The duckduckgo results page is customized by some post variables next to the search string. Have a look in
_site-search.slimto make it fit your needs
- add the missing lines to ease your deployment:
- comment in one of the tracking snippets if you want to use Google or Piwik Analytics
- http://noisepng.com/ for providing some
- https://github.com/shkm/middleman-neato for the bower setup
- http://binary-btemplates.blogspot.fr/ for the initial design idea, whoever the realization is totally different (read better
Issues and Comments
If you find a bug, please issue a bug report right at the Github project. Patches are most welcome by push requests, but I don't mind emails as well. You find my contact details in the section below.
F6A9 332D AA28 625E 59A8 F758 7BF6 0F4A 861B C3A3
About This Template
This template was originally developed for my personal blog http://blog.riemann.cc
Template Duo Color (c) 2014 by Robert Riemann firstname.lastname@example.org
Except where otherwise noted, Template Duo Color is licensed under the MIT license.
You should have received a copy of the license along with this work. If not, see http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT