Clear and Smart Technical Writing, CaST Writing for short, is a modern workflow to draft technical documents based on different free software components such as Markdown and Atom.
- clear minimalistic interface
- clear writing tooltips
- document versioning (version control)
- track changes (differences between versions)
- merging of diverging versions
- concurrent editing (similar to Google Docs)
- offline support and multi-device support
- platform independent (for Windows, Mac and Linux)
- reference management (citations)
Workflow in Brief
Text in structured Markdown syntax is written in the Atom editor and stored in simple plain-text Markdown files. These files are versioned using Git and converted to the desired output format using the tool Pandoc.